3 December 2012

brugge | details & doorways

Happy Monday/Sunday evening, depending on where you are in the world ... Summer has well and truly arrived in Sydney accompanied by the odd afternoon thunderstorm (love!) and crazy humidity (not love!).  If things continue on in a similar vein, I will have to resign myself to the fact that I am unlikely to have anything even approaching a good hair day until, oh, Autumn.  I do really like this time of year, though ... Christmas is coming (it will be D's first Summer Christmas, and he still appears to be figuring out how he feels about that), as is a short work break (yes, I know I just had a bigass holiday ... we close down so I have no choice but I am definitely not complaining!  I am looking forward to sleep-ins), the florists are full of beautiful flowers (including my favourite, peonies, although I have yet to find just the right bunch to justify their price) and the greengrocer is piled high with all my favourite summer fruit, hooray!

So that was a random little introduction that has absolutely nothing to do with the below photos, but anyway, it's there now :)  As for the photos ... well, I am quite often a details girl and on the lookout for little vignettes to photograph, and Brugge had an abundance of beautiful doors and other features to keep me occupied.  I particularly love the crowned "b" below, which appeared all over the city ...



















7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love all these doors & windos & detail- a gorgeous collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly one of my favourite series you've done! Love the details and pops of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, love the last diptych

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer! Lucky you... here (in Barcelona), the temperature has dropped suddenly and I was not ready!! But no complains, the weather is usually mild in the city. Beautiful photos, as always ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!! Funky colors and sweet little details!!! Must be beautiful to take it all in live!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all so lovely!
    I adore the last diptych. the colours fit so perfectly that when I first glanced, I thought it was one photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love this series! I've been out this morning snapping at some of the details here in Brugge!

    ReplyDelete

follow

Copyright in the content of this blog belongs to Natasha Calhoun unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.