31 December 2012

twenty | twelve


It is evening on the last day of 2012 and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day - sunshiney, warm and not a cloud in the sky.  I spent the afternoon baking dark chocolate and raspberry brownies and D and I are gearing up to head into the city and brave the crowds to watch Sydney's world famous new year's eve fireworks.  It's going to be hot and completely crazy but I am pretty excited about it, especially as it is our first new year's eve together.

What can I say about 2012?  It has been an amazing, happy year.  I married my love and we started to build our life together.  We went on our Big European Trip.  I met my favourite photographer and finally figured out the direction in which I want to take my photography.  I feel really very lucky :)

As for 2013, I am not making any resolutions, just planning to work towards a couple of goals (or is that the same thing?!).  The first is getting my fitness back on track as it kind of fell by the wayside this year! and the second is to try to improve my self-confidence, as I spend the majority of my waking hours wracked with self-doubt over pretty much everything under the sun and it is bloody exhausting!  Somehow I think that the fitness thing will be much easier to achieve ... but we shall see ...

I also just wanted to say thank you for visiting my little corner of the blog world and taking the time to comment - it really means a lot to me!  I wish you all a wonderful new year and hope that all your hopes and dreams come true.  See you in 2013! xox

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Natasha!

    hope you & D have an amazing 2013 & best of luck with you goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and D! :) I wish you all the best in 2013 and that you succeeed with your goals (I'm also planning on getting my fitness back on track)! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the fireworks - it's nearly on in Down Under, not? :)

    Have a great New Year 2013, filled with joy, sunshine and health.
    Love from Germany,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh we are waking up to a grey very windy and rainy day in the uk, have a good New Year's Eve and see you in 2013! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, enjoy those fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a nice 2013! We are stil in 2012 ;-))) only 6h to go...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hopes and focus are in the same place as yours - I stopped walking two months ago and feel like a slug. =/ and, to live boldly and freely.... it's something that I've thought about all year long. =]

    I'm so happy for you - what an amazing year you've had! =]

    Wishing you settled happiness and peace and all sorts of fun things in the next. and I hope you had fun 'last night'. It's just time to get ready to go out, here in New England, but I think that it is just too cold to step out the door! phew! =]

    Happy New Year! =]

    Love,

    Katy Noelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your happy endings and beginnings with us. Here's to even more of your dreams coming true in the new year!

    Happy New Year to both of you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you Natasha. I hope both you and D enjoyed your first New Year's Eve together. And I want to thank you for bringing part of your life to the web so that I could enjoy reading you and looking at your beautiful photography for the past year.

    Bonne année et meilleurs souhaits!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just found your lovely blog, happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Natasha....to you and D. I wish you a wonderful 2013.

    The fitness plan....me too! You are such an eloquent, intelligent, interesting and incredibly talented person....I hope that your self-confidence increases and those self-doubts recede, so much easier said than done I know.

    I have so enjoyed following your blog & seeing your photographs this year....can't wait to see what this new year brings for you.

    Simone XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello :-) wow it has been a year for you hasn't it? You have singlehandedly captured the best ever internet love story as far as I am concerned. I know what you mean about the self confidence; I thought I had it, but it's such an elusive thing, it has slipped away in recent months. I figure it's a bit like happiness; it comes and goes and at times there is lots of it and at other times it is absent. I tell myself I don't care what people think, over and over again, and it starts to work. There is a strong anti-conventional streak to me, which I have accepted lately, so maybe that is why self-confidence ebbs? It's because you are different (and lovely with it) you are not conventional so you feel slightly 'out there' for people to judge? Anyway - happy 2013 sweetpea...Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a brilliant 2013, Natasha!

    ReplyDelete

follow

Copyright in the content of this blog belongs to Natasha Calhoun unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.