3 February 2013

florence

Florence is my favourite, favourite place, so I was really happy that D and I managed to squeeze in a short stay whilst we were on our trip.  It was just as wonderful as I remembered (although some of my favourite restaurants seem to have gone downhill since the last time I was there), and I was super thrilled to be back, even if only for a few days.  We visited Michelangelo's David, which is just so extraordinary that it never fails to take my breath away, and watched the sun set over the city from Piazzale Michelangelo.  Wispy clouds streaked across the pastel blue sky as the light faded and the city skyline began to twinkle, beautifully dominated by the imposing, illuminated Duomo ... it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen ...

13 comments:

  1. The view over the city is truly breathtaking. I've been to Florence about nine years ago and I want to go back ever since. An amazing city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see why florence is your favorite. the old facades, the narrow side sreets and the beautiful views... it's all so lovely to look at.

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Florence looks like a wonderful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Florence! I need to get back there one of these days! As always, beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you able to pick a favorite among all these beautiful cities and villages you visited?!?!?! There´s something wonderful and delightfull about each one of them!! I can´t wait to visit Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Firenze is really beautiful and that last picture is the perfect postcard of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty photos from one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I'm a bit excited - just booked tickets to go to Paris in the spring! :) Have a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous, especially the last two

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, these photos are ABSOLUTELY breathtaking! Makes me miss Florence so..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos have reminded me all over again why I love Florence. Lovely ... thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that last shot is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pics Natasha after my own heart Florence xx Carla

    ReplyDelete

follow

Copyright in the content of this blog belongs to Natasha Calhoun unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.