21 August 2014

cinque terre | an afternoon wander around riomaggiore

The Cinque Terre has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, so I was super, super thrilled (as in, walk around with dopey grin-thrilled) to finally visit.  Our Italian Fix group was based in Riomaggiore for six nights, and whilst I have lots to post about the lovely town (and everything else we got up to that week!), for now I will just be sharing some photos from my very first afternoon, when I wandered from our hotel - at the top of the hill - through the town and down to the sparkly sea ...


All photographs © Natasha Calhoun

10 comments:

  1. so incredibly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post, I am definitely adding this to my bucketlist too! Also, I love your blog! Followed you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I'm craving travel desperately right now so this is making me feel so good and so bad. I've just added cinque terre to my bucket list! Beautiful photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place! Make me want to go on vacation. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images - lots of memories.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Lizx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a short beautiful walk in this beautiful town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just been catching up on your last few posts - such beautiful photos, as always, but some of these are my favourites. Down the little slipways to the sea ... They remind me so much of black and white photos I've seen in the past of Taylor and Burton touring in the Med in the 50s/60s?? (may even have been here) and of one of my favourite movies 'Talented Mr Ripley', when Dickie takes Ripley on holiday to Sanremo to play with 'the beautiful people' (Sorry...I'm totally going off on a flight of fancy here)! All those hills make this a no-go for me so I'm really enjoying your photo tours. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos! We also stayed in Riomaggiore when we visited and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

follow

Copyright in the content of this blog belongs to Natasha Calhoun unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.