12 August 2014

italy | lucca

As promised, here are some more photos of lovely Lucca.  Many of them were taken in the early morning, which accounts for the lack of people!  One thing that I did notice about the town was that it could go from being super quiet to completely hectic within what seemed like a matter of minutes (perhaps coinciding with the arrival of bus/train loads of day trippers?) - crazy!

Okay, here we go!

This photo was taken from the top of the Torre Guinigi  on Via S.Andrea.  It was an easy climb to the top, even for me ;) and the entry fee was four euro.  The tower is easy to spot - it has trees growing out the top!


My hotel was in this building, and I loved having a key to get through that beautiful doorway.  The door was so heavy, though - I pretty much had to lean all my weight onto it and puuush with my shoulder, hehe.


The Piazza dell'Anfiteatro is considered by many to be the centre of Lucca, and is encircled by medieval buildings, most of which now house cafes and shops at ground level.  I had an awesome watermelon and vanilla gelato, sitting under one of those umbrellas with Coldplay playing (on the radio, not live) in the background.  I thought that the song Yellow was very appropriate, and remember feeling stupidly happy in that moment.



All photographs © Natasha Calhoun

2 comments:

  1. gosh, this just melts me!! beauuutiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful - you capture the detail so well :)

    ReplyDelete

follow

Copyright in the content of this blog belongs to Natasha Calhoun unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.